5 Healthy Snacks For CDL Drivers To Eat On Long Drives
A CDL driver wanted ad can lead to a lucrative and stable career in the trucking industry at Pavlich, Inc. in Kansas City, Kansas. We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance and other benefits. We are a locally-owned and family-run trucking company located in Kansas City, Kansas, with over 70 trucks and trailers. We primarily operate in the Midwest and across the US, transporting bulk freight of every kind by truck and rail.
- Produce: As a CDL driver, eating more produce is a simple way to eat healthier. Prepackaged, washed, sliced, and single-serve fruits and vegetables are becoming a staple in grocery stores. If you don’t have a fridge in your truck, look for fruits that can be stored at room temp. Bananas are a great option!
- Nuts and Seeds: These snacks are packed with essential nutrients such as protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. These snacks provide a quick and convenient energy source, helping truck drivers stay alert and focused while driving.
- Jerky: Jerky is an excellent non-perishable snack option. It is high in protein, low in fat, and also shelf-stable, making it ideal for long trips on the road. There are many types of jerky to choose from, including beef, turkey, and even vegan options like mushroom and tofu jerky.
- Popcorn: Popcorn is a healthy and satisfying snack that is low in calories and high in fiber. It is also non-perishable, making it an excellent option for truck drivers. Look for plain popcorn or varieties lightly seasoned with spices like sea salt or black pepper.
- Dried Fruit: Dried fruits such as cranberries or raisins are a flavorful snack that can be enjoyed by truck drivers on the go. They are a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants, as well as vitamin K and manganese. Cranberries are also low in fat and calories, making them a great snack option for truck drivers seeking a healthy diet.